Primary Care Services
Routine, prescheduled appointments may be made for a variety of services including:
- Care and treatment for some common chronic medical conditions (such as asthma, hypertension, etc.)
- Treatment of some common mental health issues (such as anxiety and depression) in conjunction with our counseling services
- Birth control starts, refills and method change
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment
- Women's Health Exams
- Physical exams including those for work, school or volunteer positions
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Wart treatment and other minor skin lesion removal
- Vaccination and Tuberculosis skin testing
- Sexual health problems (e.g. symptomatic STI evaluation and treatment, bladder infections, emergency contraception, etc.)
Same Day Appointments
If you require a same day appointment for an urgent symptom, and you are unable to make an appointment online, please call Student Health and Counseling Services at (916) 278-6461.
Please bring your OneCard, drivers license or state issued picture ID with you to your visit.
What symptoms require immediate medical care?
- chest pain or pressure which may radiate to the arms, neck, back, shoulder, jaw, arm, or wrist
- sudden onset of severe abdominal pain
- severe shortness of breath
- sudden decrease in or loss of consciousness
- sudden inability to talk or to move one side of the body, or sudden slurred speech
- severe, persistent bleeding that cannot be stopped
- major injuries such as gunshot or stab wounds or severe injuries from a vehicle accident
If you think you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately! Do not attempt to access emergency care through this website.