The mission of SHCS is to enhance students’ educational experience by addressing health-related barriers to learning, enabling students to make informed health decisions, and promoting the seven dimensions of wellness – Intellectual, Emotional, Environmental, Physical, Career/ Financial, Spiritual, and Socio-Cultural.
Student Health & Counseling Services (SHCS) embraces a holistic and collaborative approach to healthcare by offering urgent care, primary care, preventive services, wellness education, violence support services, and mental health services to the Sacramento State campus community.
SHCS offers quality healthcare provided by a multidisciplinary team of medical and mental health professionals dedicated to making healthcare accessible and affordable for students through ethically sound practice, confidentiality and integrity. SHCS is committed to quality care and service delivery and is accredited through the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC):
- Acute illness & injury care (non-work related)
- After Hours Nurse Advice
- Birth control methods/supplies
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Health & Wellness Promotion
- Men’s Health
- Pregnancy testing with counseling
- STD/STI Testing & Treatment
- Vision Care Center
- Well Woman exams
- X-Ray and Lab Services
The vision of Student Health & Counseling Services is to nurture the development of a student community that is flourishing intellectually, physically, and psychologically – empowered by the acquisition of knowledge, skills and healthy lifestyles.
Our Core Values
Appointments can be scheduled online for the following types of visits:
- Primary Care Visits (new & existing problem, other medical concerns)
- Women's Health exams (includes Pap smear, STI testing, breast and limited physical exam)
- Repeat Pap Smear & follow up
- UTI (burning/pain/frequency with urination)
- Sexual Health (birth control, morning after pill, pregnancy testing, STD/STI testing)
- PPD/TB Skin Test
To make an appointment for these visits please logon to the Patient Web Portal.
Cost & Eligibility
All currently enrolled students who pay health fees are eligible to access services. Some fees do apply to specialty services, procedures, vaccines and supplies. Any services received off campus are the financial responsibility of the student. Associated Students Inc. offers health insurance to students, for more information visit www.csuhealthlink.com or call 1-800-853-5899.
Fax a copy to 916-278-7359