Jesse Snow Memorial Fund Grant
Jesse Snow Memorial Fund Request for Proposals
Applications will be accepted through February 10th.
Jesse Snow, a 20-year-old Sac State student, was fatally injured in October 2001, following an evening of drinking at the Chevy’s restaurant located on Howe Avenue near the campus. At the behest of parents, Patricia Metzger-Snow and Stephen Snow, Chevys has made a $50,000 donation available to Sac State. Funds for proposal requests are not to exceed $2,500.
- 1. All proposals should meet the following funding priorities:
- Alcohol education and prevention programs.
- On-campus, non-alcoholic social events that target a general Sac State student audience.
- Development of the ASI Safe Rides program (approximately 20% of the fund).
- Promote harm-reduction and prevention associated with high-risk drinking; safe partying practices; alcohol poisoning; and designated driving.
- Include sustainability opportunities beyond requested funding proposal.
- Special consideration shall be given to projects/activities that encourage healthy lifestyle choices without alcohol; are innovative; have demonstrable need; benefit and appeal to the greatest number of Sac State students; include sustainability opportunities beyond one-time funded event(s); and include collaboration with other funding sources.
- Need for funding is clearly established and documented in the written proposal;
- Proposal indicates careful planning, ability to implement, and specific responsibility for project/activity/event success;
- Goals of the project/activity/event are clearly stated and feasibility and accomplishment of stated goals are within stated timeline
- Funds must be used by December 31, 2017, unless otherwise specified by the Jesse Snow Memorial Fund Committee.
- As a condition of funding, award recipients will be expected to submit a final budget report indicating how funding were spent, detailed invoice of each individual item for which funds are being requested, and a final summary report of the event/activity that was funded.
- When feasible, all printed materials should acknowledge funding from the Jesse Snow Memorial Fund.
- Please fill out application at https://sacstateshcs.wufoo.com/forms/jesse-snow-rfp/
- All applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on February 10, 2017.
- A budget template and written quote(s) from each vendor for each specific budget line item will be requested for all proposal submissions.
For more information, please contact Reva Wittenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 278-2036.