Nutrition services offered at Student Health and Counseling Services include individual counseling and group classes. Among the services provided are:
- Individual Nutrition Counseling
- Diet Analysis
- WIN (Healthy Eating Program)
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Interactive Educational Presentations
- Information and Resources on Healthy Eating
Individual Nutrition Counseling
Nutrition consultations include nutritional assessment, counseling, education and follow up (if needed) with a registered dietitian. Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of nutrition related health issues:
- Eating Disorders
- Digestive Problems
- Food Allergies or Intolerance's
- Healthy Eating and Meal Planning
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol/Triglycerides
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegetarian/Vegan Diets
- Weight Management
- Other Nutrition Concerns
How to Make an Appointment
- Call Health and Wellness Promotion at 916-278-5422.
- In-person by visiting Health and Wellness Promotion or Urgent Care on the first floor of The WELL.
- Make an appointment through Patient Portal.
- Ask your Student Health and Counseling Services provider for a referral.
- Health and Wellness Promotion - 916-278-5422
Diet analysis appointments are available for students who are interested in evaluating or improving their diets. A diet analysis will help you:
- Assess, monitor and modify your diet as needed
- Ensure your nutritional needs are being met
- Optimize your diet to enhance your personal health goals
- Evaluate your meal planning
All diet analysis appointments include a one-on-one meeting with a trained peer health educator. They will help you navigate your diet analysis results and answer any general questions you might have. You will also receive educational resources on nutrition and healthy eating and referrals to professional staff as needed.
Diet analysis forms can be picked up in the Health & Wellness Promotion office on the first floor of The Well (Room 1011); or print forms from the link below. Completed forms should be returned to the Health & Wellness Promotion office between noon and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Forms may also be returned to the Urgent Care Reception when the Health & Wellness Promotion office is closed. An appointment will be scheduled when completed forms are submitted.
If you are a faculty member interested in using diet analysis as part of your class, please contact Jennifer Campbell, Registered Dietitian at 916-278-5422.
WIN Program (Well Into Nutrition)
WIN is a 4-week healthy lifestyle program offered every spring semester. Our professional staff and Peer Health Educators assist in making healthy changes to your life; giving you the skill set to succeed.
- Nutrition assessment with a registered dietitian and Nutrition Peer Health Educators
- Wellness Booklet with lots of eating tips and recipe resources.
- Cooking demonstrations
- Weekly meetings with trained peer health educators to learn more about:
- Dining Out Tips
- Budget Meal Planning
- Mindful and Intuitive Eating
- Nutrition goal setting
- Incentives for participation
How to sign up:
- Recruitment begins in January. If interested, please leave your name and contact information with us. We will contact you to discuss program details and eligibility.
- If you're interested in participating:
- Fill out this initial form.
- Turn in form to the Health & Wellness Promotion office in The WELL.
- Or, call 916-278-5422 or stop by Health and Wellness Promotion inside The Well on the first floor.
Join us and learn how to cook food that is healthy, delicious and easy to prepare. Our classes are designed with the busy college student in mind and cover a wide variety of cooking styles.
We offer free cooking demonstrations for students during Fall and Spring semesters. View our upcoming schedule here.
You may also request a cooking demo for your Sacramento State class or student organization. A maximum of 25 students may attend. See Interactive Educational Presentations for details on how to request a cooking demonstrations for your student group.
All cooking demonstrations take place in The Cove on the first floor of The WELL. Each participant receives a taste sample of the recipes and receive copies of the recipes to take home to practice on their own. Class size is limited – stop by Health and Wellness Promotion, Room 1011, located on the first floor of the WELL or call 916-278-5422 to reserve a space!
Interactive Educational Presentations
Nutrition presentations are available upon request and include a wide variety of topics. Click here to request a presentation.
- Cooking Demonstrations (max 25)
- Fresh Ideas for Eating in College